Aliya Mustafina


Aliya Fargatovna Mustafina (Russian: Алия́ Фарга́товна Муста́фина, Tatar: Alia Färhät qızı Mostafina; born 30 September 1994) is a Russian artistic gymnast who is the 2010 World individual all-around champion, the 2012 Olympic uneven bars champion, the 2013 European Champion in the All Around, and the 2013 European Champion on the Uneven Bars. Mustafina was the most decorated gymnast, male or female, at the 2012 Summer Olympics, having won four medals including the silver in the team all-around, the bronze in the individual all-around final, the gold in the uneven bars final, and the bronze in the floor final.[3]




career
2007
In March, Mustafina competed at International Gymnix in Montreal, Canada. She placed second in the all around competition with a score of 58.825.[10]
In April, Mustafina competed at the Zakharova Cup in Kyiv, Ukraine. She placed second in the all around competition with a score of 55.150.[11]
In September, Mustafina competed at the Junior International in Yokohama, Japan. She placed second in the all around competition with a score of 59.800. In event finals, she placed second on vault scoring 14.750, second on uneven bars scoring 15.250, second on balance beam scoring 15.450, and second on floor scoring 14.100.[12]
[edit]2008
In April, Mustafina competed at the European Championships in Clermont-Ferrand, France. She helped the Russian team finish in first place and individually she placed second with an all around score of 60.300. In event finals, she placed fourth on uneven bars scoring 14.475 and fourth on floor scoring 14.375.[13]
In November, Mustafina competed in the senior division at the Massilia Cup in Marseille, France. She placed sixth in the all around competition with a score of 57.300. In event finals, she placed fourth on vault scoring 13.950 and second on floor scoring 14.925.[14]
[edit]2009
In March, Mustafina competed at the Russian National Championships in Bryansk, Russia in the senior division. She won the all around competition with a score of 58.550.[15] In event finals, she placed second on uneven bars scoring 15.300, first on balance beam scoring 14.950, and third on floor scoring 14.700.[16] The new Russian head coach, Alexander Alexandrov said, "I'm also very happy that we have new, young gymnasts, one of whom, Aliya Mustafina, even won the Russian all around title. The trouble is that this year girls of that age cannot compete at senior international competitions."[17]
In July, Mustafina competed at the Japan Cup in Tokyo, Japan. She placed second in the all around competition with a score of 58.250. She said, "Generally I'm content with my performances today. I think I could show what I can do. However I am not satisfied with my performance at beam and the score was low. At bars I could hold a fine posture where I should and I could fly where I should. I felt the enthusiasm from the audience."[18]
In August, Mustafina competed at the Russian Cup in Penza, Russia in the senior division. She won the all around competition with a score of 59.434.[19]
In December, Mustafina competed at Gymnasiade in Doha, Qatar. She won the all around competition with a score of 57.350.[20] In event finals, she placed second on vault scoring 13.900, first on uneven bars scoring 14.825, first on balance beam scoring 14.175, and first on floor scoring 14.575.[21][22]

London Olympics
At the end of July, Mustafina competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom. She helped the Russian team qualify in second place and individually she qualified to the all around final in fifth place with a score of 59.966.[50] She also qualified in fifth placed for the uneven bars final scoring 15.700 and in eighth place for the floor final scoring 14.433.[51] In the team final, Mustafina contributed an all around score of 60.266 towards the Russian team's second place finish.[52]
In the all around final, Mustafina finished in third place with a score of 59.566.[53] She was tied with American Aly Raisman but after tie-breaking rules Mustafina was awarded with the bronze medal. She said, "I performed well apart from the beam (but) I was not totally confident that I would get a medal, even a Bronze – any fall is very bad and it is very difficult to finish in the top three after a fall like that."[54]
In the uneven bars final, Mustafina won the gold medal with a score of 16.133.[55] She said, "I did not believe I could do it. Of course when I got the bronze medal I became more confident. I am very happy and very happy to be following in the Russian tradition."[56] She added, "I am very, very happy I've won gold. Every medal represents its own thing. I was hoping very much to win and I was very happy with my routine. I didn't know what to expect of myself today."[57] Mustafina's gold medal in the uneven bars final ended Russia's Olympic gymnastics gold medal drought that lasted for twelve years.[58]
In the floor final, Mustafina placed third with a score of 14.900.[59] Her score was the same as Italian Vanessa Ferrari but after tie-breaking procedures Mustafina was awarded the bronze medal. She said, "I didn't expect a medal when I did my floor exercise but I liked how the competition ended. I'm very happy and very tired."[60]
On August 7, 2012, The Tatarstan President Rustam Minnikhanov has congratulated Aliya, following the Olympic success.[61] On August 15, 2012, Russian President Vladimir Putin awarded Mustafina the Order of Friendship at a special ceremony at the Kremlin in Moscow for her achievements at the 2012 Summer Olympics. She was one of 33 Russian athletes to receive the award.[62]
At the 2013 European Championships in Moscow, Mustafina had a rough start in qualifications, falling twice off the balance beam and qualifying 4th in All-Around with a score of 56.057. In the All-Around final, Mustafina scored 15.033 on vault, 15.133 on the uneven bars, 14.400 on the balance beam and 14.466 on floor exercise, winning the All-Around title with a score of 59.032. This was her first individual European title. The next day she competed in the Uneven Bars event final and won with a score of 15.300. She had originally qualified to the Floor Exercise final in third, but withdrew, giving her spot to teammate Anastasia Grishina, who had been left out of the final due to the two-per-country rule.

Popular posts from this blog

Emmanuelle Vaugier

Earning Money through FB Pages